The Planting Seeds Youth Leadership Program is inline with Planting Seeds’ vision to empower communities to be in charge of their own development, and it is centered around the idea of providing a cycle of mentorship and leadership training to develop young leaders that will be able to support themselves, their families, and their communities.
The program objectives for each participant are:
- To understand themselves better and their capacity to have a positive impact on the world;
- To identify ways in which to be a leader and equip them with the skills and knowledge to implement their leadership;
- To understand their own communities and poverty on a deeper level;
- To develop a strong relationship with themselves and with other participants;
- To feel capable of being a leader of different activities and programs
The Planting Seeds Youth Leadership Program is unique in that we involve youth in the development of the curriculum. We also encourage them to conduct research in the form of interviews and observations to ensure that our programs are truly meeting the needs of the community. In 2018, previous Youth Leadership Program participants will be leading our girls empowerment and after-school programs, which is indicative of their desire to make a positive impact in their own communities.